Fresh Breath Tips: Get Fresh & Confident
Tip #1: Get the Facts on Bad BreathMy days are pretty jam-packed. It's not unusual for me to go from the gym to the studio to a lunchtime meeting to a live interview and more. So I've always got to be aware of what's affecting my breath. These facts from Scope help keep me on my toes:
- Almost half of Americans have bad breath at some point in the day and while you might get used to the odor, others may smell you coming.
- Food is a big culprit, getting trapped in teeth and creating the perfect environment for bacteria growth. In fact, food odors can be absorbed into the blood and released through the lungs, and diets rich in meat are more likely to produce bad breath because more fatty acids are released through the lungs.
- Surprisingly, sugary foods do not cause bad breath directly - they have a naturally low pH, which inhibits the growth of bacteria. But it's possible that sugary drinks may cause dryness of the mouth, which may lead to bad breath.
- Some medications can cause bad breath by reducing salivary flow, resulting in increased bacterial growth. The most common culprits are cold and allergy medications, though some prescription drugs can also be at fault.
- Even exercise can sometimes cause bad breath. Breathing heavily can cause dry mouth, which may lead to bad breath.
Tip #2: Make Fresh Breath Your Status QuoI could be heading out to do an interview or going on a date . . . no matter where I'm going, I know making a good first impression is key. But it's not just about the haircut and the shave. It's about fresh breath and a bright smile, too. So make sure you've got your bases covered with Crest and Scope.
Tip #3: Face the Day with ConfidenceAt work, I've got to focus on delivering a great show and making my guests and contestants feel comfortable. I just don't have time to be distracted by my appearance or, worse, my breath. So I brush with Crest Extra White Plus Scope Outlast Toothpaste and rinse with Scope Outlast Mouthwash. The fresh feeling lasts - so I know I'm ready for whatever comes my way.
You Might Also Like:
Get a whiter smile plus a fresh breath feeling that lasts up to 5x longer with new Crest Extra White Plus Scope Outlast Toothpaste.